Invisalign is a popular tooth straightening treatment that many people are using to achieve a straighter smile. But one question that many people have is how long do you have to wear Invisalign? In this blog post, we will answer that question and give you some more information about the Invisalign treatment process.
How long does Invisalign take to straighten teeth?
Most Patients are curious about Invisalign and how long the treatment will take. Considering this treatment is an alternative to metal braces. Invisalign is a great solution for people who want to avoid the metal mouth look.
Understanding the whole process of this treatment with the help of an Invisalign provider or orthodontist can help give you a better idea of the timeline and what to expect. Leicestershire Invisalign dental studio is an established centre of dental excellence that can provide you with an Invisalign treatment plan.
Click here to find out more about Invisalign treatment and schedule a free consultation today!
What to know about Invisalign and its effectiveness
Invisalign is a clear aligner system that uses a series of clear, removable trays to gradually move your teeth into the desired position. Invisalign is an effective treatment option for people who are looking to straighten their teeth without metal braces. It is also a good option for people who have mild to moderate misalignment of their teeth.
The Invisalign treatment process begins with a consultation with an orthodontist or Invisalign provider. During the consultation, the orthodontist will take X-rays, pictures, and impressions of your teeth. The orthodontist will use these records to develop a personalised treatment plan for you. However, Invisalign is effective at straightening teeth.
What types of dental issues can Invisalign correct?
Invisalign can be used for a variety of dental issues, including spacing and crowding issues, as well as some mild to moderate bite issues including:
- Open bite- when the upper and lower teeth don’t touch when you bite down.
- Underbite- when the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth.
- Crossbite- when the upper teeth bite on the inside of the lower teeth.
- Gaps in teeth-when there are spaces between the teeth.
- Crowded teeth- when there is not enough room for all the teeth.
If you have these dental issues, Invisalign can help correct them and give you a straighter smile.
Do you have to wear Invisalign your whole life?
No, you do not have to wear Invisalign your whole life. The length of time that you will need to wear Invisalign depends on the severity of your dental issue. For milder cases, you may only need to wear Invisalign for about six months. However, for more severe cases, you may need to wear Invisalign for up to two years.
After you have completed your Invisalign treatment, you will need to wear a retainer to maintain your new smile. Wearing a retainer is important because it will help keep your teeth from shifting back into their original position. Depending on the type of retainer you choose, you may need to wear it full-time or just at night.
How quickly can Invisalign move teeth?
Invisalign can move teeth gradually and effectively. The average treatment time is about 12 months, but it can vary depending on the individual case. Everyone has a different orthodontic treatment plan, so the length of time you need to wear Invisalign will be different from someone else.
In most cases, you will need to wear each tray for about two weeks before moving on to the next one in the series. As you move through the series of trays, your teeth will gradually shift into the desired position. You will need to visit your orthodontist or Invisalign provider about every six weeks so they can check your progress and give you the next set of trays.
What are the things that affect treatment time?
While some people may only need to wear Invisalign for a short period of time, others may need to wear them for a longer period of time. The amount of time that you will need to wear Invisalign will depend on the severity of your dental issue and how quickly your teeth move.
There are different factors that may increase your treatment time which include:
- The type of occlusion or spacing of your teeth- if you have severe crowding or spacing of your teeth, it may take longer to correct.
- How well you follow the treatment plan- if you do not wear your Invisalign trays for the recommended hours per day, it will lengthen your treatment time as Invisalign aligner trays are designed to move one tooth at a time.
- Your age- when you are younger, your teeth are more likely to move faster and easier to realign. Younger patients tend to respond more quickly to treatment than older patients.
However, wearing Invisalign aligners for an extended period of time is not harmful to your teeth. In fact, it may be necessary in order to achieve the desired results.
Why choose Leicestershire Invisalign dental studio?
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, Leicestershire Invisalign dental studio has many advantages for this treatment which include:
- Extremely experienced Invisalign providers.
- Our ethos of clinical excellence and precision dentistry.
- Fully digital smile design and planning.
- Option for virtual/remote monitoring for even more predictable results.
- Fully bespoke and individualised plans for you and your goals, not “one size fits all”.
- Interest-free finance is available.
These are just some of the reasons why you should choose Leicestershire Invisalign dental studio for your Invisalign treatment.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you decide if Invisalign is right for you.
Invisalign: Pros and Cons
Invisalign has many benefits, but there are also some drawbacks to consider before beginning treatment.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible, so most people won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- You can remove the aligners to eat and drink, so there are no food restrictions.
- You can brush and floss normally, so there is no need for special care.
- Invisalign treatment is often faster than traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners can be lost or broken, so you need to be careful with them.
- They are more expensive than traditional braces.
- You must wear the aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours per day to be effective.
- If you don’t follow the treatment plan, it will lengthen your treatment time.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, Make sure to weigh the pros and cons to decide if it’s right for you. On the right hand, your dentist or orthodontist is the best person to give you advice.
Invisalign Best Practices
Wearing Invisalign is a big commitment, but it is worth it in the end. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your Invisalign treatment:
- Wear your aligners at the recommended hours a day- this will help ensure that your teeth are moving as quickly as possible.
- Brush your teeth after every meal- this will help keep your aligners clean and prevent tooth decay.
- Keep up with regularly scheduled dentist or orthodontist appointments.
- Switch trays on the given schedule.
- Always ask about the process and treatment plan updates.
If you follow these practices, you will be well on your way to achieving the beautiful, straight smile that you have always wanted.
What can affect how well Invisalign works?
For Invisalign to work effectively, you must wear clear aligners for about 20 to 22 hours per day.
The only allowed time you’re supposed to remove the aligners is when you’re:
- Brushing your teeth
- Eating or drinking
- Cleaning your aligners
Always be careful when cleaning your aligners. Don’t use hot water, it could warp the plastic. This can alter the fit, and affect your progress and the effectiveness of aligners.
Q: Can I eat with my aligners in?
A: You should remove your aligners when you eat or drink anything other than water. This helps to keep your aligners clean and prevents tooth decay.
Q: Can I smoke with my Invisalign aligners in?
A: You should not smoke with your Invisalign aligners as this can cause staining and discoloration.
Q: Can I drink alcohol with my Invisalign aligners?
A: You should not drink alcohol with your aligners as this can cause staining and discoloration.
Q: Invisalign is best described as fixed braces?
A: Invisalign is not fixed braces. Fixed braces are cemented to your teeth and can only be removed by a dental professional. Invisalign aligners are removable and should be taken out to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
Invisalign is a popular tooth straightening treatment that many people are considering than having traditional metal braces or wearing braces. The common question ” how long do you wear Invisalign?” has been answered and now you know that the duration of time wearing Invisalign treatment length vary and depends on the severity of your dental issue.
Make sure to ask your dentist or orthodontist to know if it’s right for you. Thanks for reading! we hope this article was informative and helpful.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by clicking here. Happy Smiling!