Invisalign braces have become a popular solution for adults who want to straighten their teeth. They are clear and nearly invisible, meaning they are less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Many people wonder whether Invisalign is the right solution for them. Consider the benefits and drawbacks of Invisalign braces to see if they’re appropriate for you.
Unhappy with your smile?
Invisalign is the clear alternative to braces that can help you achieve the perfect smile without sacrificing time or comfort.
You’ll be able to straighten your teeth in as little as 12 months, and you’ll enjoy the convenience of being able to remove them for eating and brushing – making it easy to keep your smile looking its best.
Consult with a Leicestershire Dental Studio dentist today about whether or not Invisalign is right for you!
What are braces?
A tooth brace is an orthodontic treatment that enables dental alignment to move optimally and improves function. The teeth of adult patients cannot hold their positions when a child is growing. When you chew or put the tongue in the teeth, you see a slight movement of the tooth. These movements cause misalignments. It can create a small pocket within the gum where bacteria can settle, increasing the onset and severity of gum disease.
Best Adult Braces – Different types of braces
There are many types of braces available on the market these days. Each type of brace has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Adult teeth can be different from Young Adults’ teeth, so you’ll need to consult your orthodontist to determine which type of brace is right for you and, of course, for your overall health.
Here are some Types of Braces you might consider:
- Metal braces
These are the most visible type of braces. They are made of high-grade stainless steel and glued to the front of your teeth.
- Ceramic braces
These braces are made of clear or tooth-colored ceramic brackets and wires. They are less visible than metal braces but more visible than Invisalign.
These are nearly invisible clear plastic aligners. They are custom-made to fit your teeth and can be removed for eating and brushing.
- Lingual Braces
These are placed on the tongue side of teeth, making them very difficult to be seen.
- Self-Ligating Braces
The Self ligating braces are dental braces that do not need elastics bands or rubber bands to hold the archwire.
- Clear Braces
These are made of clear plastic and are less visible than metal braces.
How do braces work?
A dental surgeon specializing in adult braces in Chicago often provides advice on using braces to improve the alignment of teeth. Correct alignment enhances gum health and creates better environments for your teeth. Your teeth are composed of four types of oral tissues that can resist the force of biting and chewing.
Common problems of braces:
- Cavities: When you have braces, brushing and flossing your teeth properly is more complicated. This can lead to an increase in cavities and tooth decay.
- Gum disease: Plaque can build up around the brackets and wires of your braces, leading to gum disease.
- Brushing and flossing: It is essential to brush and floss your teeth regularly when you have braces to avoid cavities and gum disease.
- Bad breath: Plaque that builds up on your teeth can cause bad breath.
- Food restrictions: You must avoid hard, crunchy, and sticky foods when you have braces to prevent damage to your braces.
Best Adult Braces – What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner that is used to straighten teeth. It comprises a series of clear plastic trays custom-made for your teeth. The trays are worn for 20 to 22 hours per day and are removed for eating and brushing your teeth. Each tray moves your teeth a little at a time until your teeth are in the desired position.
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces. It is less noticeable and can be removed for eating and brushing teeth. However, it is more expensive than many braces and may not be covered by insurance.
If you are considering Invisalign, talk to your dentist or orthodontist to see if it is right for you. They will need to take X-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a treatment plan. Once you start treatment, you must visit your dentist or orthodontist every six weeks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
There are many benefits of Invisalign.
- One benefit is that it is less noticeable than other braces. This can be important for adults concerned about their teeth’ appearance.
- Another benefit is that Invisalign can be removed for eating and brushing your teeth. This can make eating and cleaning your teeth easier.
- Additionally, Invisalign treatment typically takes less time than traditional braces treatment. Invisalign can straighten your teeth in as little as 12 months.
What are the drawbacks of Invisalign?
There are some drawbacks to Invisalign. One drawback is that it is more expensive than traditional braces.
- The cost of Invisalign ranges from $3000 to $5000, while the cost of traditional braces ranges from $2000 to $4000. Additionally, insurance may not cover the cost of Invisalign.
- Another drawback is that you must visit your dentist or orthodontist every six weeks for checkups. This can be inconvenient if you live far from your dentist or orthodontist.
- Finally, Invisalign is not suitable for everyone. You may not be a good candidate for Invisalign if you have severe crowding or spacing.
If you are considering Invisalign, talk to your dentist or orthodontist to see if it is right for you. They will need to take X-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a treatment plan.
Best Adult Braces – The cost of Invisalign vs. metal braces
While the initial cost of Invisalign may be higher than metal braces, many benefits make Invisalign a more affordable long-term solution. With Invisalign, you can avoid the costly and time-consuming process of cleaning your teeth professionally. You’ll also save money on toothpaste and floss, which can be challenging to use with traditional braces.
In addition, Invisalign aligners are made from a comfortable, smooth material that won’t irritate your gums or cause mouth sores. And because they’re removable, you can continue to eat all your favorite foods without worry.
So, when you compare the cost of Invisalign vs. metal braces, it’s clear that Invisalign is the more affordable solution – both in the short and long run. If you’re considering Invisalign, we invite you to call our office to schedule a free assessment of your problem.
Invisalign Treatment Pros and Cons
If you choose this treatment, you might also want to consider also the pros and cons.
- Invisible Braces: people won’t know you’re wearing them unless you tell them.
- Removable: easy to take out for eating, drinking, and cleaning.
- Comfortable: no metal wires or brackets to cause mouth irritation.
- Fewer food restrictions: you can eat whatever you want without worrying about damaging your braces.
- More expensive than traditional braces.
- Treatment can take longer – up to two years in some cases.
- It is not suitable for more complex dental problems.
If you’re considering Invisalign or any Orthodontic Treatments, we invite you to call our office to schedule a free consultation. Call us today to schedule your free consultation if you’re ready to straighten your teeth without braces. We look forward to helping you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile!
At the consultation, we will:
- At the consultation, we will take photos and x-rays of your teeth, measure your teeth, make impressions of your teeth, create a digital model of your smile, and show you a “before and after” simulation of how Invisalign will straighten your teeth.
- Assess whether Invisalign is the proper treatment for you.
- Give you an estimate of how long your treatment will take.
- Create a personalized treatment plan.
- Answer any questions you have about Invisalign.
Orthodontists are capable of delivering quite a few remarkable transformations. Your teeth, after the treatment, are positioned better to withstand the weight of your braces. The crooked teeth expose more surfaces to plaque while the space between the teeth is hard to clean. Wearing braces can help prevent cavities. Orthodontics is essential for improving the appearance of your smile.
Beware of Gum Disease
If you have Invisalign braces, it’s essential to take extra care of your teeth and gums to avoid gum disease. Gum disease is a severe condition that can lead to tooth loss, and it’s more common in people with braces. That’s because mounts make it harder to clean your teeth, allowing bacteria to build up and cause infection.
To prevent gum disease, brush twice a day, floss daily, and see your dentist regularly for orthodontic work. If you notice any symptoms of gum disease, such as redness, swelling, or bleeding gums, be sure to see your dentist immediately.
Are there alternatives to braces for teeth straightening?
It is usually possible to re-arrange teeth without metal if you like. It can be done by aligning with your goals. However, some orthodontic patients want to avoid using braces altogether, cannot visit their dentist often, and cannot afford them.
Fortunately, it’s also possible to straighten teeth without braces. In other words, veneers can reduce tooth shape, and bonding can help close gaps. Home dental aligner kits are usually less expensive than a brace from dentists but with certain limitations and risks.
Best Adult Braces – How much do adult braces cost in the UK?
The average cost of braces in the UK is £2000 – £4500. However, the cost of Invisalign is typically higher, averaging around £3500. But don’t let that discourage you! Many dental insurance plans cover a portion of the cost of Invisalign, and we offer financing options to make the treatment more affordable.
To learn more about Invisalign and whether it’s the right solution for you, call us today at 0116 254 1298 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you achieve a better smile with our affordable braces and services!
Tips for Taking Care of Your Invisalign Braces
- To keep your Invisalign braces clean, brush and floss your teeth at least twice daily. Brush gently around the brackets and wires to avoid damaging them. It’s also essential to avoid eating hard foods that can damage the braces.
- Be sure to wear your Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours a day, and remove them only when eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth. When you’re not wearing them, store them in their case so they don’t get lost or damaged.
- It’s also important to see your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings. And be sure to visit your orthodontist every six weeks for adjustments.
Following these tips, you can keep your Invisalign braces clean and in good condition. And you’ll be one step closer to achieving a beautiful, healthy smile!
If you have questions about Invisalign or how to take care of your braces, call us today at 0116 254 1298. We’re always happy to help!
Q: Is Electric Toothbrush safe?
A: Yes, electric toothbrushes are safe to use. They can be a better idea for more effective at removing plaque and bacteria than manual toothbrushes.
Q: How long do orthodontic treatments take?
A: Orthodontic Treatment time varies depending on the severity of your case, but most people complete the treatment required within 12 months.
Q: How to keep good oral hygiene?
A: Orthodontic care is essential for both traditional braces and Invisalign. Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily to get the best oral health possible.
Q: Do I need to get orthodontic treatment?
A: Only an orthodontist can determine if you need treatment options. Schedule a free consultation with our office to determine if Invisalign is right for you.
Q: What are the best braces for adults?
A: Invisalign is an excellent option for adults who want to avoid the appearance of metal braces. They are also removable so you can take them out for special occasions.
Best Adult Braces – Final Thoughts
Overall, Invisalign is an excellent solution for adults looking to straighten their teeth. While the cost may be higher than traditional braces, many dental insurance plans cover a portion of the cost. And, at our practice, we offer financing options to make the treatment more affordable.
To learn more about Invisalign and whether it’s the right solution for you, call us today at 0116 254 1298 to schedule a consultation. or visit us at 28 Narborough Rd, Leicester, UK. We look forward to helping you achieve a better smile!
Dental Implants can change your life 🦷….
Whitstable 👋, This WEEK save BIG on dental implants and get our Implant supported dentures FULL ARCH Offer for only £3990!