Invisalign is a popular dental treatment for people of all ages. However, there are some age restrictions on who can get Invisalign. In this blog post, we will discuss the age requirements for Invisalign and answer some common questions about the treatment. Keep reading to learn more!
Wondering if Invisalign is a good fit for you?
You may be wondering what the age requirement is for Invisalign. The great news is that this treatment could help the majority of people. However, there are exceptions, so you must consult your dentist to see if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
Changing your smile may alter your life by boosting your confidence and allowing you to smile without worries. The Leicestershire Dental Studio and its experts are happy to offer the Invisalign for patients who want to improve their smiles.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an Orthodontic treatment or dental treatment that can be used to straighten teeth without metal braces. It uses clear, virtually invisible aligners, so many people choose Invisalign over traditional braces.
Invisalign is a series of custom-made, clear braces that cover your teeth and gently pull them into the proper place over time. It is also removable so that you can take them out for eating and cleaning.
What can Invisalign treat?
There are many reasons why people choose Invisalign over traditional braces. Invisalign can be used to treat a wide variety of dental problems, including:
- Crowding- when teeth are too close together.
- Spacing- when there are gaps between teeth.
- Overbite- when the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Underbite- when the lower teeth bite over the upper teeth.
- Crossbite- when the upper and lower jaws don’t line up.
- Openbite- when there is a space between the upper and lower teeth when the jaw is chosen.
- Misaligned teeth – when teeth are not in the correct position.
The Invisalign system has been used to treat the said problems successfully.
What are the 5 Advantages of Invisalign?
Most people choose invisalign Leicester because it is practically invisible. However, there are many other benefits to this treatment. Here are the top five advantages of Invisalign:
- Invisalign is comfortable – The clear aligners are made of smooth plastic, so they will not irritate your gums or cheeks as metal braces can.
- Properly improves oral hygiene- you can remove them to brush and floss regularly.
- Invisalign is convenient – Since the aligners are removable, you can take them out to eat and drink whatever you want. You can take your aligners out for special occasions like weddings or job interviews. You don’t have to worry about anyone seeing your braces.
- Invisalign is safe – There are no wires or brackets that can come loose and hurt you.
- Invisalign is affordable – Invisalign is often cheaper than traditional braces, especially considering the long-term benefits.
These are just a few reasons that Invisalign is a popular treatment option.
Is there an age requirement for Invisalign treatment?
For most adults and adolescents who want to improve their teeth and smile, Invisalign may be a good option. Invisalign treatment is available to individuals in an array of age groups. These age groups include young children, teenagers, and adults.
However, considering this treatment, you must consult your dentist.
Can under 18s have Invisalign treatment?
The answer is generally yes. Most orthodontists will recommend Invisalign for teens who have all their permanent teeth and are not still growing. The biggest reason for this is that Invisalign treatment requires good oral hygiene habits to be successful. This can challenge younger children still learning to brush and floss properly. For teens, however, Invisalign is usually a good option.
Another consideration is the severity of the misalignment. In some cases, metal braces may be recommended for more complex issues. Typically, though, Invisalign can effectively treat the same problems braces can – such as overcrowding, gaps between teeth, and crooked teeth.
Can you have Invisalign treatment at 15?
Invisalign for Teens
It can be a highly effective treatment for correcting an imperfect smile because a teen’s teeth aren’t as affixed in position as an older person might be. Generally, teens must have most of their permanent teeth before treatment can be initiated.
While it’s usually necessary for teens to have most of their permanent teeth undergo Invisalign treatment, there’s an even more important factor to determining whether your kid is a viable candidate for this treatment. And that factor is discipline. For Invisalign treatment to be as effective as possible in the shortest period, the clear aligners must be worn according to and preferable to your dentist’s advice.
Can you get Invisalign treatment when you are 12?
Invisalign for Young Children
While you may think otherwise, it might be appropriate for children at the age of 12 to begin treatment under the watchful eye of an orthodontist.
Invisalign treatment is approved for patients ages 12 and up. For younger patients, Invisalign may not be the best option if their teeth are still developing. However, the decision to start treatment should be made by the patient’s orthodontist, or the dentist should decide to start treatment.
What is the age limit for Invisalign treatment?
There isn’t a set age limit for this procedure. Invisalign treatment can be used at any phase of life, including for children, teenagers, and adults of all ages. However, Invisalign demands commitment and extra care.
Generally speaking, you are a candidate no matter your age. As long as you are serious about wanting to improve your smile and overall oral health, we encourage you to consider clear aligners. Of course, the final decision will be up to your orthodontist.
So, if you’re wondering, “how old do you have to be to get Invisalign?” the answer is that there is no specific age requirement. Invisalign can be an effective treatment option for different ages. The best way to determine if Invisalign is right for you is to consult with an orthodontic specialist. They will be able to assess your individual needs and recommend the best course of treatment accordingly.
Why choose Leicestershire Dental Studio?
Invisalign is the Revolutionary Clear Aligner System which has transformed over 11 Million Smiles. With incredible patented smart-track technology, Invisalign Aligners can be used comfortably and predictably to improve your smile the way you want.
If you are looking for an excellent treatment to help you achieve straighter teeth without having metal braces, Invisalign could be the right solution. Leicestershire Dental Studio offers six simple steps to get you a perfect smile.
- Book Your Consultation– Submit your photos to our smile specialists, and our Platinum Invisalign Dentists will assess your smile and concerns. You’ll then be able to have an e-consultation senior member of our team who can advise you on your options for treatment.
- Comprehensive Assessment- This assessment will include a complete examination, a health check, x-rays, clinical photographs, a 3D scan, and simulation.
- Hygiene and Clean- Experience the ultimate deep clean.
- Coincheck Plan- Our Invisalign expert team will digitally design your smile step-by-step so that we can use Invisalign to get you the smile you deserve.
- Invisalign Fit Day & Reviews-This assessment will include a complete examination, a health check, x-rays, clinical photographs, a 3D scan, and simulation.
- Enjoy Your New Smile- Once you’ve finished your Invisalign, we’ll ensure we get your teeth gleaming white with our complimentary cosmetic whitening and also be able to give you options for cosmetic treatment if you desire!
We’ll carefully monitor your progress with review and virtual care appointments to ensure your teeth are moving as expected for the best results.
It’s definitely worth the effort and the investment. Choose Leicestershire Dental Studio and have your Invisalign Braces fitted by the best!
5 tips to have healthy teeth while in treatment of Invisalign
Even though Invisalign is an excellent alternative to metal braces, it’s still important to take care of your teeth during the treatment. Here are five tips from our experts:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day: This will help remove any food or drink that may be stuck in your aligners.
- Floss your teeth daily: This will help remove any plaque that may have built up on your teeth.
- Use a mouthwash: This will help keep your mouth clean and refreshed.
- Visit your dentist regularly: This is important for your oral health and the progress of your Invisalign treatment.
- Wear your aligners as directed: It’s essential to wear them for the recommended time so that your teeth can adjust appropriately.
Following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your Invisalign treatment is successful and that your teeth remain healthy throughout the process.
Q: Adult teeth can also be treated by Invisalign?
A: Yes, Invisalign can also be an effective treatment option for adults. They will be able to assess your individual needs and recommend the best course of treatment.
Q: How much does Invisalign cost?
A: The cost of Invisalign treatment will vary depending on the individual’s orthodontic needs. However, Invisalign is generally more expensive than traditional metal braces.
Overall, Invisalign is an effective treatment option for straightening teeth without metal braces. This treatment is available for most people. The best way to determine if Invisalign is right for you is to consult with your dentist or orthodontic specialist.
If you want to improve your smile, visit Leicestershire Dental Studio at email@example.com or call 0116 254 1828. Come and see your smile transform!