Teeth whitening is one of the world’s most popular cosmetic treatments. It is an easy and inexpensive technique to improve your look and raise self-confidence. This blog post will discuss the many forms of teeth whitening procedures that are available. We will also advise you on selecting the best treatment for you.
Are you looking for a brighter smile?
Scientists in the United States recently examined an old baseball team photograph and discovered that individuals who smiled in the picture lived longer.
Our teeth whitening procedure can enhance your smile, giving you a longer life!
We can help you achieve that dazzling and brilliant-white smile you’ve always wanted. We offer several types of whitening so you can find the one that best suits your needs.
We use the latest technologies to ensure your treatment is always comfortable and effective.
A whiter smile makes you look younger and more attractive. It also gives you the confidence to smile – something everyone will appreciate.
Contact Leicestershire Dental Studio to learn more about our teeth whitening services!
What is Teeth Whitening Treatment?
Teeth whitening is a simple, non-invasive cosmetic dental treatment used to improve the natural color of your teeth. Whitening treatments can make teeth several shades lighter.
Generally, there are two main types of teeth whitening options:
- In-office teeth whitening: This type of treatment is performed by a dentist or dental professional in a dental office. In-office teeth whitening is the quickest way to achieve dramatic results.
- At-home teeth whitening: This type of treatment uses a whitening kit that you can use in the comfort of your home. At-home teeth whitening is more affordable than in-office treatment and can be just as effective if used correctly.
How Does Tooth Whitening Work?
Teeth whitening treatments work by bleaching the tooth enamel, the hard, white outer layer of the teeth. The bleaching agent breaks down stains and discoloration, leaving the teeth looking brighter and more polished.
There are two types of bleaching agents commonly used in teeth whitening:
- Hydrogen peroxide: This is a popular bleaching agent used in both in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments. Peroxide levels in At-home treatment range from 3% to 20%, while the level of In-office treatment range from 15% to 43%.
- Carbamide peroxide: This bleaching agent is used in some at-home teeth whitening kits. It is not as potent as hydrogen peroxide, but it can still be effective in brightening the teeth.
Different Types of Teeth Whitening Process
There are several methods for whitening teeth; some are available via your dentist, while others are not. Some of these methods are effective, while others have questionable histories.
Teeth Whitening Kit
These kits take many forms, but they always consist of trays and tubes of whitening gel/syringes used to bleach the teeth. The trays are frequently filled with the material and placed on the teeth for a short period before washing. A teeth whitening package includes 10% – 15% hydrogen peroxide, which is little in achieving a flawless whitening result.
The best teeth-whitening kits are those obtained from a dentist. This is because theirs is allowed to contain a higher concentration of peroxide, which will make your teeth whiter and brighter than an over-the-counter whitening kit or system.
Teeth Whitening Strips
Peroxide or bleach is used in teeth whitening strips. As a result, they function in the same manner as bleach to whiten your clothing or hair. Peroxide removes color from your teeth to return them to their natural, white state. Teeth whitening strips work by bleaching stains with hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide to whiten your teeth.
Teeth whitening strips are widely available online; while they may occasionally be effective, their whitening power will be diminished due to the peroxide’s limited concentration. Additionally, extreme caution must be taken to avoid getting too many strips on the sensitive gum area and keep the strips on the teeth.
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening is more effective and produces faster effects than at-home treatments such as whitening strips or toothpaste.
First, the gel is gently put to the teeth once the gums have been thoroughly covered. The surface of your teeth is then exposed to a curing light. When the light strikes the gel, it degrades the hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide content into its reactive components, which then target and gently lift any stain molecules from the teeth.
Because of the speed and effectiveness of laser teeth whitening, it is excellent for those who have a job interview, want to make a solid first impression, or want to enhance their self-confidence for their big day.
If necessary, laser teeth whitening can be used with professional take-home kits to jumpstart or improve a fading smile.
For a flawless Laser teeth whitening experience, contact Leicestershire Dental Studio today!
Charcoal Teeth Whitening
The effectiveness and safety of charcoal tooth-whitening toothpaste were examined by the Oral Health Foundation, which concluded that there is very little evidence to support its efficacy. While this may become increasingly popular as an alternative to traditional teeth whitening at the dentist (and maybe a less expensive choice), you might find it a complete waste of money if nothing changes.
The charcoal whitening toothpaste may, at worst, be hazardous because they don’t have enough fluoride, which is needed to prevent tooth decay, according to research by The Oral Health Foundation.
According to some studies, activated charcoal can be abrasive on teeth, resulting in tooth structure loss.
Coconut Oil Teeth Whitening
Same description as charcoal teeth whitening. There is no evidence to suggest that coconut teeth whitening works; it may be harmful as many kinds of toothpaste do not contain adequate fluoride levels.
Tooth Whitening Toothpaste
Some whitening toothpaste contains the chemical blue covarine, which binds to the surface of the teeth and generates an optical illusion that makes teeth look whiter. Others contain silica, an abrasive substance that scrubs the surface of your teeth to eliminate extrinsic stains.
While these toothpaste may be effective against stains, they cannot really whiten teeth.
Why do people choose Leicestershire Dental Studio?
Leicestershire Dental Studio is the number one provider of teeth whitening services in Leicester. We offer a wide range of services, from teeth cleaning to dental implants, and our team of experienced dentists is on hand to provide you with the best possible care.
We understand that everyone’s smile is unique, so we offer a bespoke service tailored to your individual needs. We believe teeth whitening should be an affordable and accessible treatment for everyone, which is why we offer various payment options.
Here are the 10 Benefits of Professional Whitening Treatment at Leicestershire Dental Studio:
- Remove Discoloration: Your teeth may become discolored as you get older or due to dietary and lifestyle choices. Our professional and effective whitening procedure removes the deep discoloration to restore your smile’s confidence.
- Remove Stains: You may get stains from the things you eat or from brushing and flossing your teeth incorrectly. The whitening treatments utilized are made to dissolve and lighten these stains to the point where they are no longer noticeable.
- Improve your self-esteem: A yellowed and lifeless-appearing smile can make you feel insecure. You’ll look and feel better after getting your teeth whitened.
- Be more cheerful: You’ll notice that you smile more frequently since your smile is whiter, brighter, and healthier-looking. A smile that is both brilliant and white not only makes you appear friendlier but also healthy.
- Decrease bacteria: Many whitening treatments are made to eliminate germs that might cause gum disease and tooth decay. You are actively protecting your dental health at the same time that you whiten your teeth.
- Manifest More Youth: Many whitening treatments are made to eliminate germs that might cause gum disease and tooth decay. You are actively protecting your dental health at the same time that you whiten your teeth.
- Cover Up Errors: People are less likely to notice minor flaws like cracks and chips when their teeth are flawlessly white. This takes the place of more extensive cosmetic procedures.
- Be Ready for the Major Event: You’ll want to look your best when heading to a wedding or class reunion. For that big event, whitening can contribute to a clean, bright appearance that will enhance your entire appearance.
- It’s Simple: Whitening is simple and usually includes wearing personalized trays in the comfort of your own home. Significant benefits can be achieved without invasive treatments or procedures.
- Fast result: Most whitening procedures need a few weeks to produce the best effects. The same treatment procedure can then be used to touch up your results throughout the year.
Some Tips to have Whiter Teeth:
- Limit sugary drinks and foods: Sugar is one of the leading causes of tooth decay, so limiting your intake of sugary beverages and nutrition is essential.
- Brush your teeth twice a day: Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to help remove plaque and prevent tooth decay.
- Floss daily: Flossing daily will help remove plaque between your teeth and prevent gum disease.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Visiting your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings can help to avoid dental problems.
- Maximize teeth whitening products: A Bleaching product, baking soda, and some of the most popular active ingredients you can try will do as long as you seek professional advice for the best-desired results.
Q: What are Teeth Whitening Trays?
A: Teeth whitening trays are clear, plastic mouthpieces that fit snugly over your teeth. They are used in conjunction with a bleaching agent to lighten your teeth.
Q: How long do the results last?
A: The teeth whitening results can last several years, although you may need to touch up your teeth now and then.
Q: What is cosmetic dentistry?
A: Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on enhancing the appearance of your teeth. It includes procedures such as teeth whitening, veneers, and bonding.
We continue to invest in the newest technology and equipment to ensure that we can meet and surpass your expectations for your dental care and treatments. We have also carefully hand-selected our devoted team from around the UK. You will always receive the highest caliber of treatment and results from our dentists since they constantly strive to be industry leaders.
Our interdisciplinary staff enables us to offer you the most outstanding care in each dental specialty, allowing us to excel at providing a high-quality and all-encompassing approach to your smile and oral health. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to see what we can do for you. We’d welcome the chance to meet you and take care of you.
Visit us today to get whiter and brighter teeth!