Our appearance is important to us, and we want to make sure that our smile is looking its best. For some people, braces are the answer to achieving a perfect smile. However, not everyone wants or needs traditional metal braces. As technology advances, new braces are becoming available, and Invisalign is one of the most popular and predictable ways of straightening your teeth.
Do you want to straighten your teeth without metal braces?
If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We will introduce you to a world-leading treatment for straightening your teeth called Invisalign. Invisalign is a clear, removable alternative to traditional metal braces. It can correct various dental problems, including crooked teeth and overbites. This article will give you all the information you need to decide whether it’s right for you.
We will discuss the reasons you would benefit from well aligned teeth, and everything you need to know about Invisalign, including ideals. We will also discuss its pros and cons and advantages over traditional metal braces.
7 Reasons Why You Would Benefit from Well Aligned Teeth
1. Your smile is one of your most important facial features – It is one of the first things people notice about you and can make a great impression (or not). When your teeth are straight and look good, it gives you a more confident smile.
2. Good alignment and appearance can make you look younger- When your teeth are not in their proper alignment, it can make you look older than you are. Crooked teeth can detract attention from your face, and lower teeth can be especially noticeable when speaking.
3. A good smile is a key to a successful first impression- It is said that you only have seven seconds to make a first impression. If your teeth are not looking their best, it can be hard to make a good impression on someone.
4. Good alignment improves your overall oral health- When your teeth are not correctly aligned, it is often more difficult to keep your teeth and gums clean – this can lead to other problems such as gum disease and dental decay.
5. If your bite isn’t great, this can lead to other dental problems including premature wearing of your teeth – by treating your bite we can aim to get your teeth in harmony for longevity.
6. Excellent straight teeth can help with pronunciation and communication – if your teeth are not in alignment, it can potentially affect the way you speak if your tooth position interferes with your lips and tongue. It can make it difficult for people to understand you and make communication more difficult.
These are just a few reasons to have well aligned teeth. There are several ways and procedures to achieve this, but Invisalign is one of the most popular methods.
Invisalign and how it works
Over the years, metal braces have been the go-to for patients looking to improve their smiles. However, technology has advanced, and more options are available for treatment. One of those options is Invisalign! Invisalign is a clear aligner that gradually moves your teeth into place. The best part about it is that it’s practically invisible!
If you’re looking for a more discreet way to improve your smile, Invisalign may be the right choice for you.
The Invisalign system uses a series of clear, removable aligners that are virtually invisible. You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they are straight.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign is a good treatment option for both teenagers and adults. However, Invisalign may not be suitable for everyone. The best way to find out if you’re a candidate is to speak with your orthodontist or dentist. However, here are the common considerations for Invisalign candidacy:
- You have mild to moderate orthodontic problems
- Your teeth are healthy and free of decay
- You have the adequate bone density to support the aligners
- You don’t have a severe overbite or underbite
Generally speaking, Invisalign is an excellent option for people who want to improve their smile without the metal braces look. It is usually safe and effective and can be completed in a shorter time frame than traditional braces.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
There are many benefits to choosing Invisalign:
- Invisalign is practically invisible- One of the best things about Invisalign is that it is almost invisible. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing!
- Invisalign is comfortable- Another benefit to Invisalign is the convenience. You can wear them for hours at a time, and there is no need to adjust them like you may need to with metal braces.
- You can remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush and floss- One of the best things about Invisalign is that you can remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush and floss. It makes it easy to maintain your oral hygiene while you’re straightening your teeth.
- There are no food restrictions- Unlike braces, there are no food restrictions with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want!
- Invisalign is a discreet treatment- Invisalign is one of the most discreet treatments available. If you’re looking for a way to straighten your teeth without anyone knowing, Invisalign is the right choice for you.
- Fewer dental visits are needed- With Invisalign, you won’t need to come into the practice as often as you would with metal braces. You’ll only need to come in for a few visits throughout your treatment.
- Overall treatment time is shorter than traditional braces- Invisalign treatment typically takes from just 6 months, which is faster than conventional braces.
All these benefits are genuinely overwhelming, and it’s no wonder Invisalign is one of the most popular orthodontic treatments available.
If you’re considering Invisalign, be sure to speak with one of our Invisalign Experts to see if you’re a candidate. They can answer any questions you may have about treatment and help you get started on your journey to a straighter smile!
The Invisalign Procedure
The Invisalign process begins with a consultation with your dentist. They will examine your teeth during this visit and take x-rays to determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment. If you are, they will create a custom treatment plan for you.
Once your treatment plan is created, you will need to order your aligners. Aligners are made based on a 3D scan of your teeth, so it’s essential to make sure we get an accurate scan. You will also need to pick up your first set of aligners and begin wearing them!
Wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day- It’s essential to wear them for at least 22 hours per day to get the best results. You can remove them to eat, drink, brush and floss.
You will need to replace your aligners around every two weeks- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have reached their final position.
You will need to come in for orthodontic reviews with your dentist throughout your treatment to ensure that you are progressing correctly. These can be done in clinic, and in some cases also virtually using our dedicated app.
You will need to wear a retainer after you Invisalign treatment is complete to keep your teeth in place. There are two types of retainer: a plastic retainer which you will wear at night time, and a fixed bonded wire which is placed on the inner surface of your front teeth. In combination these two retainers help to prevent relapse of your orthodontic result.
How long does the average Invisalign treatment take to complete?
Invisalign treatments can take as little as three months, depending on the complexity of your case. Each case is different, and your dentist will be able to give you a more accurate estimate of how long your treatment will take.
What to Expect Before and After Invisalign Treatment
The Invisalign process is simple. Here’s what you can expect before and after your treatment:
Your dentist will examine your teeth and take x-rays to determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment. If you are, they will create a custom treatment plan for you.
Most people will need to wear a retainer after their Invisalign treatment is complete to keep their teeth in place. You will also need to come in for regular check-ups with your dentist throughout your treatment to ensure that you are progressing correctly.
Choosing the Right Dental Practice for Invisalign Treatment
When choosing the right clinic for Invisalign treatment, it’s essential to do your research. Make sure you choose a good reputation clinic that offers quality care regarding orthodontic treatment.
Consider the following before selecting a clinic:
- The clinic’s experience with the Invisalign treatment – It’s essential to choose a clinic that has experience with the Invisalign treatment. It will ensure that you get the best possible care.
- The clinic’s success rate – Make sure to ask about the clinic’s success rate with the Invisalign braces treatment. It will give you an idea of how effective their treatments are.
- The clinic’s location – It’s essential to choose a clinic close to you. It will make it easier for you to get the care you need.
- The clinic’s hours of operation – Make sure the clinic has convenient hours that fit your schedule.
- The clinic’s fees – Make sure to ask about the clinic’s fees for Invisalign treatment. It will help you determine if the clinic is within your budget.
The Advantages of Invisalign over Metal Braces
Wearing metal braces has been a proven and tested procedure for a long time. Though metal braces have been in the industry for a longer time, Invisalign has managed to make quite a name for itself. It is because it offers patients several advantages over metal braces. Some of these advantages of Invisalign treatments are listed below:
- Aesthetics: One of the main reasons people choose Invisalign over metal braces is aesthetics. Metal braces are not the most attractive option and can be pretty noticeable. On the other hand, Invisalign clear aligners are practically invisible!
- Removable: Unlike metal braces glued to your teeth, Invisalign is removable. It means that you can take them out for eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth.
- Convenience: Invisalign trays are worn for 22 hours a day, which leaves plenty of time for regular activities such as brushing your teeth, flossing, and even whitening treatments.
- Comfortable: Invisalign is made of plastic, making it much more comfortable than metal braces.
- Ease of use: Invisalign is very easy to use, and most people can adapt quickly.
- Less Irritation: Since there are no metal brackets or wires on your teeth, minor irritation is caused by food particles getting stuck in them.
- Improved Hygiene: Since Invisalign is removable, keeping your teeth and gums clean is much easier. It can lead to better overall oral health.
- Fees: As experienced providers of Invisalign, the fees for invisalign can often be considerably cheaper than those for fixed braces.
As you can see, there are several advantages that an Invisalign can offer, however just like any other medical procedure, it also has some downsides such as:
- Requires Maintenance: Though Invisalign is removable, it still requires some maintenance to keep your teeth looking their best. It includes regular brushing and flossing.
- May Not be Suitable for All Cases: Invisalign is not suitable for all cases of misaligned teeth. In some cases, metal braces may be the better option. Invisalign aligners will inform you if Invisalign treatment is advisable for you.
These disadvantages are surely outweighed by the advantages that Invisalign has to offer.
If in case, you have just gotten your Invisalign, then you might be wondering how you can keep them clean. Here’s how you should clean your Invisalign:
- Rinse your Invisalign tray with water after every use.
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water while you have your Invisalign in.
- Brush your teeth and gums before putting your Invisalign in each day.
- Floss once a day, preferably before bedtime.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash once a day.
- Soak your Invisalign tray in Invisalign cleaning crystals for at least 15 minutes once a week.
- Do not smoke while you have your Invisalign in.
Caring for your Invisalign is very important to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Following these tips will help you keep your Invisalign in good condition and ensure that you are progressing correctly.
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about Invisalign:
What is the difference between metal braces and Invisalign?
Invisalign is made of plastic, whereas metal braces are made of metal. Invisalign is also removable, while metal braces are not.
Do I have to wear my Invisalign trays all the time?
No, you do not have to wear your Invisalign trays all the time. You should only wear them for 22 hours a day.
Can I eat with my Invisalign trays in?
You cannot eat while wearing your Invisalign trays. Take them out before eating or drinking.
What is the average treatment time for Invisalign?
The average treatment time for Invisalign is nine to 15 months. However, this can vary depending on the individual case.
Does insurance cover Invisalign?
Invisalign is usually not covered by insurance. However, some orthodontic plans may offer a discount on Invisalign treatment.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The cost of Invisalign treatment can vary depending on the severity of the case. Give us a call and we’ll be able to give you a quote for your treatment!
Bonus Tips- Dental care and oral health
Going through an Invisalign treatment can be a great way to improve your oral hygiene. However, it is still essential to practice good oral hygiene habits during and after your treatment. Some tips for maintaining good oral hygiene are listed below:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time
2. Floss every day
3. Use a mouthwash that kills bacteria and helps to prevent plaque build-up
4. Eat healthy foods that are good for your teeth
5. Avoid sugary drinks and snacks
6. See your dentist for a check-up at least once every six months
These tips will help you keep your teeth and gums healthy, even after your Invisalign treatment is finished. If you follow these tips, you can be sure to have a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime!
So there you have it! Everything you need to know about Invisalign and how it stacks up against traditional metal braces. We hope this article has helped clear up any questions or concerns you may have had about the treatment. And remember, always consult with your dentist before deciding on Invisalign. Have a great day, and share your smile with the world!